Wedding Saving Tip Ideas
Wedding Saving Tip Ideas
1) Agree with your finance about guest numbers for the day and separately for the evening so you can work to a budget per head. Otherwise the numbers just grow and grow!
2) Consider which month and even which days you would like and see how flexible you are this will really affect the cost of hiring the venue and their services. For example winters weddings are often cheaper. Also midweek or weddings on Fridays are often charged at a cheaper rate, as venues are happy to fill their venues all week not just at weekends. Twilight weddings are also very popular now and special offers are often available.
3) If you book your venue from seeing them at a wedding fayre somewhere or even at their own wedding fayre check if you book straight away and offer a small deposit will they offer you a wedding discount on any of their wedding packages?
4) Check what is included apart from the food, drink and room hire. For example your venue may offer you venue dressing, or a DJ as part of the package which could save you hundreds of pounds. They could also offer you free accommodation the night before the wedding, or your honeymoon night for free and if they have spa treatments try to get a free one thrown in as an extra.
5) Make sure if your venue has accommodation that your guests also save money and get them a special discounted rate as part of your wedding party.
6) Food and Drinks packages will take up a large part of your budget. Consider having a later wedding so that you are only paying for your guests for one meal and a buffet could be smaller or not even necessary at all, this will save a lot. Don’t be afraid of asking for your own choice of buffet as oppose to their set ones, this could also save you a lot per head. Some venues and country houses will also let you bring your own wine or champagne and just charge you corkage it’s always worth asking.
7) Cars to and from venues is often costly. If you have wedding close to your home or a civil ceremony at one venue you may not even need to hire a car. Or just ask to be taken to your venue and dropped off. The biggest charge for car companies is that most couples want a car all day and staff have to wait around to move customers from place to place throughout the day pushing up their prices. The car then cannot be used anywhere else that day so plan carefully and save where you can.
8) Entertainment is quite expensive if you want a live band or classical musicians. You could ask family to contribute as part of their wedding presents, or ask people you know to play live for you sometimes friends love to do this for free and like to feel involved in the wedding and play live whether its pop rock or classical you choose.
9) Think about some of things you could do yourself or friends could help you with like your favours or stationary, or dressing the venue, with fabric and flowers. As well as saving money this will make your wedding more personal and unique.
10) After the big day you will be looking forward to your honeymoon. Far flung foreign places are usually quite costly. Some couples who have already set up home ask guests for money or vouchers as their wedding gifts which will really help bring the honeymoon costs down. Other couples opt for smaller weddings and have their weddings abroad. So the wedding and honeymoon are all rolled into one saving a lot by only paying for one venue and having their honeymoon straight away!
The main thing is spend on the most important things to you and make savings in other areas where you can. Most importantly enjoy your Big Day wherever it is and don’t worry about the costs on the day.