Soughton Hall Exclusive Weddings
Soughton Hall Hotel is an incredibly beautiful wedding venue that is located close to Chester in North Wales. This is truly an amazing venue that needs to be seen in person to appreciate it’s majestic appearance
Soughton Hall Exclusive Wedding Venue located in the picturesque village of Northop, Near Mold, Flintshire.
Many wedding venues in the UK describe themselves as ‘unique’ or ‘idyllic’ but very few surpass expectations. Soughton Hall, an exquisite exclusive wedding venue in North Wales, does just that. Set in beautiful landscaped gardens, this historic hall offers the ideal setting for your big day. At over 300 years old, Soughton Hall is an exquisite building with all the features you would expect from a historical location. Built as a Bishops Palace in 1714 and redesigned in 1800's by Sir Charles Barry, made famous for his design of the Houses of Parliament and Highclere Castle known as Downton Abbey. Specialising in exclusive use weddings and licensed for civil ceremonies, this stunning wedding venue in North Wales offers:
No matter what the season, our beautiful gardens are the perfect backdrop for your wedding photography – hosts of daffodils in Spring, a riot colour in the summer, our striking red Boston Creeper in the Autumn and frost on our magnificent lime trees in winter (sometimes even snow for a festive wedding!).
Our team of professional staff will look after you and your guests’ every requirement on your big day. Whatever we can do to help you achieve your dream wedding, we will endeavour to help.
Choose from our specially tailored wedding menus, offering the finest British cuisine, locally sourced and catering to your particular requirements and all prepared by our specialist banqueting team.
Our extensive list features, amongst many others, some fantastic South African vintages not available elsewhere in the UK.
Regardless of the weather our marquee ensures your big day weather are concerns are covered (literally) with an amazing backdrop of Soughton Hall behind our marquee offers space for your guests throughout the day and into your evening celebrations. Our permanent marquee is attached to the main hall with an exquisite carpeted walkway and evening lanterns. If you’re looking for wedding venues in North Wales that cater for larger wedding parties Soughton Hall is ideal.
Wedding Venue Overview and Facilities
- Total No. of bedrooms—14
- No. of function rooms—4
- Civil license—Yes
- Same Sex Marriage—Yes
- Outdoor Wedding Ceremony Facilities—yes (new for 2017)
Wedding Breakfast and Reception Guest Capacities
- Wedding Breakfast—Up to 200
- Evening Reception—Up to 250
- Marquee Weddings—Up to 250
Our fourteen bedrooms are uniquely designed and individually decorated with all the usual modern refinements you would expect with sumptuous decor just oozing history and heritage.
All our suites have en-suite bathrooms, hair dryers, mineral water, tea and coffee making facilities and most enjoy lovely views of surrounding parkland.
Breakfast is served in our specially designed breakfast room in the original servants hall on the ground floor.
Soughton Hall – Off Peak Wedding Package 2018
Available on selected dates
- Room and room hire — Marquee room hire included in package
- Drinks reception space — Entrance Hall, Library and bar area included in package
- Ceremony charge — Additional Ceremony charge & Room hire £1050
- Wedding package — Off peak package @ £6500 (based on 50 day guests and 100 evening guests)
- Additional day guests charged at £100
- Children charged at £20 (5-12 years old) Additional evening guests charged at £17.95
- Table linen and napkins — Included in package
- Chair covers & sash — Quotes available on request
- Venue dressing items — included in package – Red carpet entrance, Complimentary menu tasting for 2 people, Cake stand & knife, cake cutting charge, Bay Trees , Table Dressing, Mirror plates & Tealights, Toastmaster (staff), PA System & Microphone for speeches, Dance floor, Fairy lights and uplighters, A dedicated & experienced Wedding Coordinator to take you through the planning and actual day
- Drinks Reception — 1 glass of Prosecco per person included in package
- Canapés: Quotes available on request
- Wedding breakfast — Reduced 3 course private dining included in package (Children under 5 eat free Tea & Coffee quotes available on request)
- Wine — 2 glasses of house wine per person included in package
- Wedding Toast — 1 glass of Prosecco per person included in package
- Evening reception drinks — Quotes available on request
- Evening food — Snack Menu (80% Catering) included in the package
- Accommodation — Special bedroom rates for guests Bridal suite for night of wedding included in package
- DJ — Included in package
Room hire rates are subject to change until confirmation of booking
All other rates and charges are subject to change until payment in full is made
Prices include VAT at 20.0%. Prices will change should the underlying VAT rate increase.
2019 selected dates also available – please contact our co-ordinators to obtain a price
Soughton Hall Hotel Personal Showrounds
Viewing by appointment
Contact this venue directly via the link below to arrange a personal showround to view this wedding venue and discuss your preferences and the available options with their wedding team.