Macdonald Portal Hotel, Golf & Spa Weddings
Macdonald Portal Hotel weddings, view this stunning wedding venue in Cheshire, including photos, wedding offers, reviews and video
Dreams can come true
A beautiful wedding requires a stunning setting. At the Macdonald Portal Hotel, Golf & Spa, we create unforgettable weddings in a supremely picturesque location.
We can offer you a choice of two elegant venues; Surrounded by the Portal Championship Golf Course the hotel offers the splendid Castle Suite which can accommodate from 50 to 200 guests. There are photo opportunities galore, spectacular locations centred around the stunning waterfall and manicured terraced lawns provide the perfect backdrop for this very special day. The breathtaking panoramic views on entering the impressive gates and driving down the tree lined drive sets an ideal scene for the big event.
If views are a priority then Portal's Premier Golf Clubhouse must be the ideal setting; surrounded by the golf course it offers the most breathtaking vistas across the Cheshire plane. The Octagonal Waterstone Suite can comfortably accommodate up to 200.
Our Wedding Specialist, Debbie Catchlove, will take care of all the details to make sure your day is perfect from start to finish. What better place to start your life together?"
Wedding Venue Overview and Facilities
- Total No. of bedrooms—85
- Total No. of bedroom suites—6
- No. of function rooms— 12
- Civil license—Yes
- Same Sex Marriage—Yes
- Additional facilities—Gym, Nail Bar, Beauty Rooms and a Thermal Spa
Wedding Breakfast and Reception Guest Capacities
- Table Dining—200
- Buffet Style—200
Wedding season availability
All year round
Our spacious bedrooms give ample room to stretch out and unwind. But it's also the small things that make you feel immediately at home.
All of our 85 beautifully appointed en-suite rooms have been stylishly designed with sumptuous textiles and furnishings and come complete with Samsung flat screen TV's and spacious bathrooms with separate showers.
- Direct dial phones
- Desk/Work area
- In room coolers
- In room safes
- Trouser press
- Heated towel rails
- Iron and ironing board
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Satellite TV
- 24hr room service
- Disabled access, in designated rooms
Stay in one of our superb feature rooms for a small additional price of £60, the rooms are situated on the top floor of our hotel, which in addition to the above include:
- Balcony with stunning views
- A Bottle of Wine in your room upon arrival
- Tarporley Chocolates in your room
- Complimentary daily newspaper
- Luxury Toiletries
- 10% Discount Voucher for the Spa
Directions by Road
From the North: A49, cross junction with A54, through village of Cotebrook. Or M6, J18 take A54 (Middlewich/Winsford). Turn Left onto A49 through Cotebrook. Signposts for Portal on left hand approx. one mile after Cotebrook.
From the South: M6, J16 - A500 (Nantwich) and A51 (Tarporley). Turn right at roundabout onto A49 (Warrington). At top of hill take first right (Forest Road). Portal is situated immediately on left.
Directions by Rail
Crewe Station 25 mins.
WEDDING IN A BOX
Based on 60 during the day and 80 guests for the evening Only £5,995
- Red carpet on arrival
- Master of Ceremonies to guide you through your day
- Dedicated wedding co-ordinator
- A glass of prosecco per person for your arrival drink
- Three course wedding breakfast with coffee & petit fours
- Half a bottle of house wine per person for the wedding breakfast
- Flower arrangement for the top table, choice of centre pieces
- White chair covers with colour sash of your choice
- A glass of prosecco for the toast
- Use of cake stand and knife
- Personalised menus
- Two tier wedding cake
- Wedding breakfast room hire
- DJ and disco
- Evening buffet
- Bed & Breakfast in a signature suite for the bride & groom on your wedding night
- Menu tasting for the bride & groom
*Terms and conditions: Applies to new weddings only. Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Offer based on minimum numbers of 60 guests day and 80 at night - additional guests £68 per person.
Macdonald Portal Hotel Personal Showrounds
Viewing by appointment
Contact this venue directly via the link below to arrange a personal showround to view this wedding venue and discuss your preferences and the available options with their wedding team.