Hatfield House Weddings
Hatfield House built by Robert Cecil, 1st Earl of Salisbury and Chief Minister to King James I in 1611, stands within its own Great Park and is currently home to the 7th Marquess of Salisbury.
This celebrated Jacobean House enjoys some of the finest Gardens to be found in the country. Originally designed by John Tradescant the Elder, these beautiful gardens have been extensively restored over the last thirty years by the Dowager Marchioness of Salisbury in a style that reflects their Jacobean history.
The Old Palace, the surviving wing containing the Great Hall of the childhood home of Queen Elizabeth I, and the Old Riding School, are both licensed for civil marriages and are popular choices for wedding ceremonies, receptions and private functions.
- Total No. of bedrooms—0
- No. of suites—3
- Civil license—yes (2)
- Chapel on site—Not on site but close by
- Additional facilities—Events Field (Queen Elizabeth Oak can be hired)
- Table Dining—180/200 Dinner & Dance
- Buffet Style—250
- Marquee—Can be erected on Queen Elizabeth Oak with consent (limitless capacity as marquee brought in from outside)
Wedding season availability
- January —November
Directions by road
Hatfield House can be found off the A1(M) 7 miles north of junction 23 of the M25 motorway. Exit the A1(M) at Junction 4 (after the Hatfield Tunnel if travelling from the South) and follow brown tourist signs for Hatfield House.
Directions by rail
The main entrance to the Park is opposite Hatfield Railway Station. Kings Cross to Hatfield takes approx
Directions by air
From London Heliport (Battersea) around 15 Mins.
National Airports at Luton and Stansted are 30 minutes distant with London Heathrow some 45 mins.
Additional Wedding services
- We have an approved suppliers list for Flowers, Photography, Cakes etc…
- Hatfield House Hospitality is provided by Leiths. We can accommodate all genres of catering cultures upon request as well as bespoke cutlery, crockery, chair covers etc…
Local Places of Interest
- St Albans City and Abbey
- Paradise Wildlife Park – Broxbourne
- Welwyn Roman Baths
Hatfield House Weddings Personal Showround
Viewing by appointment
Contact this venue directly via the link below to arrange a personal showround to view this stunning venue and discuss your preferences and the available options with their team.